DIY Magical Wand Sculptures by Matt Brundage
Using the innovative thermoplastic material known as Thibra, our very own Matt Brundage shows how to sculpt a wand -- just for fun! In this seriously silly video, you'll learn some of the basic techniques of working with this moldable plastic. Anybody can create a wand, which makes this an easy and enjoyable class idea for stores to showcase the power of this unique product!
Supplies to sculpt a wand with Thibra
- Heat gun
- PAM cooking spray, or similar non-stick spray
- Wooden carving tool
- Wood dowel or stick
- Super Sculpey Ceramic for texture (optional)
Tips from the video
- You don't have to know how to sculpt.
- "Have fun" and "Be true to yourself".
- Thin layers of Thibra are easiest to heat.
- A silicone mat working surface is a good idea.
- Thibra won't stick to objects coated with cooking spray.